Waikato Rowing Performance Centre is one the four Performance Centres around NZ, tasked with developing athletes capable of representing New Zealand at the World Rowing Championships and Olympic Games.
Broad Regional Performance Centre Objectives
The broader key objectives for these centres are as follows:
To develop pre-elite talent and especially the athletes expected to represent NZ during the next Olympic cycle and beyond
- To provide a 12 month, year on year individual athlete development program
- To provide a clear high performance pathway for aspiring Rowers and Coaches
- To assist local associations within the RPC catchment area with regional development of coaches and athletes
- To link tertiary institutions into the sport of rowing to enable facilitation of education/career pathways AND to enable proactive monitoring/support of key athletes within institutions.
RPC Geographic Catchment Areas
The following areas are the designated Geographic Catchment Areas for each RPC:
- Auckland RPC: The Auckland Rowing Association.
- Waikato RPC: The Waikato, Bay of Plenty and East Coast Rowing Associations.
- Central RPC: The Marlborough, Wellington and Wanganui Rowing Associations.
- Southern RPC: The Canterbury, Otago and Southland Rowing Associations.
Waikato RPC Catchment
Bay of Plenty Rowing Association
- Bay Coast RC
- Rotorua RC
- Tauranga RC
- Taupo RC
- Whakatane RC
Waikato Rowing Association
- Cambridge RC
- Hamilton RC
- Hauraki RC
- St Pauls RC
- Te Awamutu RC
- Waikato RC
East Coast Rowing Association
- Gisborne RC
- Hawkes Bay RC
- Wairoa RC